Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weathering the Storms x The Love of Family

"When it rains, it pours..". This is a quote that has rang so true in my life lately. My family and I suffered another tragic loss recently...the loss of my uncle (my father's only brother). It was unexpected and literally knocked the wind out of me. I had just arrived back on the East Coast from being on travel, when I heard the news. Nothing could have prepared me for that type of homecoming. Through my tears, I have still been able to find comfort. Before I left for travel, I had a long convo with my uncle. We talked about life, him dating (or no dating as he put it LOL) and him wanting to start attending my church. That was the last time I would ever hear his voice. I felt so much sorrow for my grandma, because now she too knows what it feels like to loss a child. I told her that in time, the heartache that she feels will get easier to handle. She is a strong and faithful woman who keeps her trust in God.


Experiencing two tragic losses in less than a year is NOT something I ever thought I would go through. But, that is the thing about life. There are just some things we do not have control over. Now...here is where the "When it rains it pours" quote comes in...my brother has been suffering from his asthma for the past week. He's been in and out of the hospital. He is doing much better now. I am soooooo thankful that things are looking up. Those who know me, know that my family and I are extremely close-knit. My brother is 5 yrs younger than me and my little sister is 8 years old. Yes...I said 8. LOL. We really are like the 3 Stooges when were together. I feel like my family and I are even closer now than we were weeks ago. I love, love, LOVE them. I've said this before, and it will never not be true...things can change in a blink of an eye. Nothing in life is promised to always stay the same. Although my life has been very intense lately, I still remain encouraged and thankful. Tomorrow is never promised..to any of us. Cherish all the time that you have here on earth, and especially with those whom you love as well.

Be Blessed :)

3 comments:

  1. God bless you and your family. Just when you think you cannot go any further, God shows you that He has never left you alone, that He will be with you always. You are never alone. Remember that always.
    Love,
    Haddi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much Haddi :) I truly appreciate your comment. xoxo adria

    ReplyDelete